By entering this Safety App (“Services”), the User consents to the terms of this Policy. By submitting / filling the required information in ZIMAN – Safety on the Go (“ZIMAN”), the User will be treated as having given permission for processing the same in a manner provided in this Policy.
Zicom SaaS Private Limited (ZICOM) respects the privacy of individual / User and is committed to take reasonable precautions to protect information consisting of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information (SPDI) (“Information”) of Users of ZIMAN and comply with all legal, regulatory and / or contractual obligations related to privacy.
ZICOM / ZIMAN has adopted the “Privacy by Default” principles in its approach to data privacy i.e. privacy of data and information is upheld first by default.
This Policy covers the processing, storage and access to Information as required under lawful and / or contractual activities with ZICOM / ZIMAN or otherwise required in the normal course of business. It describes ZICOM’s / ZIMAN’s policies and procedures on the collection, usage and disclosure of Information provided / received by natural persons.
1. Scope This Policy applies to all Users of ZIMAN.
2. Information covered by this Policy
This Policy applies to Information collected and processed by ZICOM / ZIMAN consisting of following:
2.1 Personal information is information related to a User, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow him to be identified. Personal information may consist of full name, personal contact numbers, residential address, email address, gender or date of birth, Blood Group, Location, Email address, Data of emergency contacts as selected by User during installation and registration of ZIMAN (name, number, email address, customer identification number, blood group, emergency contacts). While information such as date of birth in isolation may not be enough to uniquely identify the User, a combination of full name and date of birth, Mobile number, address, location, branch and Data of emergency contacts may be sufficient.
2.2 Sensitive Personal Data or Information (SPDI) is such personal information that is collected, received, stored, transmitted or processed by ZICOM / ZIMAN, consisting of:
• Password / PIN
• Mobile number
• Emergency contacts of the User
• Blood group
• Location access; and
• Any of the information received under above personal information categories by ZICOM / ZIMAN for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
ZICOM / ZIMAN shall collect and use Information for legitimate business purposes in order:
• that a User may download ZIMAN from available source, product information, and take advantage of certain other features of ZIMAN App;
• to provide information or interactive services through ZIMAN, to the User’s Mobile Number & e-mail address to seek the User’s Safety need and feedback or to contact the User’s registered emergency contacts (predefined and added by the User) in relation to the services offered by ZIMAN;
• to process the SOS safety & emergency services provided by ZIMAN submitted by the User;
• to administer or otherwise carry out ZICOM’s obligations in relation to any agreement that the User may have with ZICOM / ZIMAN;
• to anticipate and resolve problems with the User through ZIMAN SOS function and other features catered by ZIMAN;
• to excite SOS alerts, carry out emergency response services to the User’s location / aid when in a crises (subjective to the case of the SOS) that may meet the User’s needs;
• to process and respond to requests, improve ZIMAN’s operations and communicate with User/s emergency contact about the SOS situation and emergency services provided to Users services and businesses;
• to allow the User to subscribe to ZIMAN’s news alerts; and
• to interact with features of ZIMAN as per need.
4. Collection of Information
Only minimum / necessary Information required to meet the purposes mentioned in this Policy shall be collected from the User/s. Neither ZICOM or ZIMAN nor its representatives shall be responsible for the authenticity of such Information provided by the User/s. As normal business practice, ZICOM / ZIMAN may collect Information in order to enable the secure online authentication, interaction and transaction with natural persons. This may include the installation of cookies and the collection of other session data.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
ZIMAN does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, ZIMAN may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of ZIMAN.
5. Consequences of not providing Information
If you choose not to provide your Information that is mandatory to process your request, ZICOM / ZIMAN may not be able to provide the corresponding service being location of the User, SOS alerts, emergency services, safety response services and more.
Access, Correction, Objection of User’s Information
Any modifications / corrections required to the Information can be carried out on ZIMAN. In the event the visitor is unable to do so due to lack of functionality in ZIMAN and / or the user wants to withdraw his / her consent to provide SPDI, he / she may contact the email id provided or call on ZICOM / ZIMAN Command Centre number in Clause 10 of this Policy.
ZICOM / ZIMAN will inform the User’s that whenever you use ZIMAN, in a case of an error in the App we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
7. Retention, Processing and Storage of Information
7.1 ZICOM / ZIMAN shall retain Information for only as long as necessary to meet legal or regulatory requirements or for legitimate business purposes as mentioned in this Policy.
7.2 ZICOM / ZIMAN adopt reasonable and appropriate security practices and procedures including administrative, physical security, and technical controls in order to safeguard User’s Information.
7.3 ZIMAN stores User’s Information, thus ZICOM / ZIMAN strive to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Use of Information
In general, we use your Information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services related to ZIMAN that we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of and our administration and operation of ZIMAN, and to otherwise provide and serve you and our Users. For example, we may use your personal information:
a) to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve our publications, products and the Services;
b) to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, offers from ZICOM / ZIMAN or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes related to the Services;
c) to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from ZICOM that better meet your needs; and
d) for other purposes about which we notify you.
9. Disclosure of Information
9.1 ZICOM / ZIMAN shall not use or disclose Information for purposes other than as mentioned in this Policy, except with the consent of User providing such Information or as required by law. However, ZICOM / ZIMAN may be legally required to disclose the Information in the following cases:
• Where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation;
• Where mandated under the law by government agencies to disclose such Information.
9.2 ZIMAN does use third party services that may collect Information used to identify you.
Where necessary, ZICOM / ZIMAN may disclose Information to business partners or third parties during the normal course of business for the purposes mentioned in this Policy. In such cases, ZICOM / ZIMAN will only share Information related data when ZICOM / ZIMAN is assured that:
• The Information is processed legitimately and appropriately by the business partner or third party in line with the established consent or in line with legal requirements;
• The business partner or third party has adopted a reasonable and equivalent level of security practices and procedures to ensure security of the Information shared;
• To facilitate our Service;
• To provide the Service on our behalf;
• To perform Service-related services; or
• To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
Users are hereby informed that these third parties have access to User’s Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
10. Feedback or Concern
For feedback or concern, if any, kindly contact:
Email Id: email@example.com
Zicom Command Centre: 022 6120 9595
11. Amendment to this Policy
ZICOM / ZIMAN may change the data privacy practices and update this Policy as and when the need arises, and the same will be made available on ZIMAN. ZICOM’s commitment to protect the privacy of ZIMAN User will continue to remain.
12. Children’s Privacy
12.1 ZICOM / ZIMAN do not address / service anyone under the age of 7. ZICOM / ZIMAN do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 7.
12.2 In the case ZICOM / ZIMAN discovers that a child under 7 has provided us with personal information, ZICOM / ZIMAN shall immediately notify the emergency contact registered on ZIMAN to notify them with the same and service policy of ZIMAN user base criteria will be followed and proceed to deletion of this User’s from ZICOM / ZIMAN servers and data base.
12.3 If a parent or guardian is unaware that the child below 7 years of age has activated ZIMAN and filled the necessary fields of personal information (Clause 2) required to activate ZIMAN, please contact us (refer Clause 10) so that we will be able to initiate necessary actions.